Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Hydrangea Heaven

As many of you know my absolute favorite flower is the Hydrangea.  It has been a main inspiration for my art and I never tire of drawing them.  There are over 75 different species of this plant and I adore them all.  They seem to transform in every stage of growth and I find them beautiful even as they start to die and turn brown.  The past winter was harsh in new England and many of these plants didn't bloom.  I still managed to get a bunch of pictures though!  Here are a few of my favorites from this year.

These blooms are as big as my head!!

This variety is called "Pinky Winky" ;-)

Some of the coolest ones I've seen and probably because they are from my Mothers garden which is quite MAGICAL! A moth landed on my hand while I was taking this pic which I think proves it's magic ;-)

I love when they make a perfect round ball.

The classic Blue Hydrangea

Some more from my Moms magical garden. Even this little bee is admiring their beauty!

Took this pic in Washington DC at the the Botanical Garden





These ones are from my Garden :-)










No comments:

Post a Comment